BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Book, New Nails


After finishing the last book, I reached for something a little more gritty. Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge, "A Black London Novel," which takes place on the gritty, grey streets of London, and in the seedy supernatural Black.

To match the dreary, yet magical cover, I reached for another of my new OPI shade: Brand New Skates. I actually first reached for this to do a metallic medley nail for NYE, but when I saw how gorgeously grey and gunmetal it turned out, I decided I wouldn't dare cover it up.

I expected this to be a shiny, glittery silver, but instead it was very grey and sheer. It took four coats to get opaque, and I can still see some nail leaking out.

Application, though was beautiful, I didn't clean up and you can see I didn't do half bad.

In short, though, I would say don't shrug this color of as Christmas or girly even. This is gritty, gunmetal pewter, and I'm lovin' it.

What do you think?