BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 14, 2009

Grandma-approved shades



So.... We meet again. Sorry for the long delay in posting, but from jaw injury to a cold, and a black-tie event to a day off work.

But I've only worn two shades since then so you haven't missed much.

Both shades were work-friendly/grandma-approved shades. The first: Pink Suede by Petites was conveniently swatched over at Naive Nails, so if you'd like to see it head over here, she did a great job with it, and I was not feeling up to swatching it while I had it on. I agree with everything GildedAngel says about, and was not brave or patient enough to try it again.


But here is the bottle:And here it is on the right.


On the left is Wineberry (...read on)

I am also taking a 10-day challenge, though I don't know how long that will last. With another prescription came another Sally Hansen grab bag, but I was not at all happy with this haul. However, at 25 percent off this week, ($3.35) three polishes and another dose of double duty was worth it, and ultimately will benefit y'all in a giveaway form. One is the same as another that I already have and the other is Sally Hansen Forsythia, a Tracy Reese Color from spring, but not one I can pull off unfortunately.

But I did get one Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color in Wineberry --a work safe color -- that I am wearing now. And it's everything I was hoping Pink Suede would be.


Wineberry is a mauvy mauve mauve. It reminds me of the interior of my parents old conversion van I had when I was little. But it is kind of nice. It has enough color, and unlike Pink Suede, goes on almost opaque in one coat. I went ahead and did two coats and a top coat, and I had nice results with little cleanup. The application was like a dream, and it feels solid and durable on my nails.

However, I went to SH's Web site today hoping to find some other colors in the same formula, but it was B-O-R-I-N-G. ALL Work Safe and Grandma-approved, but if you know a grandmother looking for some durable polish, this is it.

Like I said, I don't know if I will keep it on for all 10 days, because Christmas is coming soon, and I cannot be boring forever. But let me know what you think...

Do you have favorite grandma-approved colors?

2 comments:

Paige said...

Wineberry is super pretty! How crazy is it that we wanted to swatch the same polish on the same day? Great minds think alike!

Lucy said...

This is a pretty shade on you. What can you do but wear this type of polish when you work? You'll have to save the wilder shades for the weekend.